We speak with Tarra Wood of Walrus and Toad about finding her style, transitioned to freelance work and uses critical reflection to grow her business.
Tarra Wood is an artist who is inspired by pop culture, and nature. She's turned these loves into wonderful pieces of art under the label, Walrus and Toad.
Tarra started her business two years ago when a restructure in her day job as a designer, gave her the opportunity to pursue her art and a freelance career.
And she hasn't looked back.
Walrus and Toad has found an audience of people who love her bright, intricate and beautiful artwork.
In this episode we talk about:
- How Tarra used a change in her career to grow her business
- The way she turned a failed Etsy store into a successful one
- The importance of critical reflection in growing your business
- How experimentation can lead to success
- And why she thinks creative entreprenuers should do something, anything, each day to build their businesses.
We loved chatting with Tarra and found her approach to looking at what was and wasn't in her business so insightful.
Rather than giving up at signs of 'failure', she took that information as feedback, refining her work along the way. Something we should all be doing!
We hope that you take inspiration from Tarra's story and turn her lessons into your own actions.
We have loads more interviews and business tips coming so make sure you subscribe to Made It.
In the mean time, I'd love to know what you like most about this episode? Let me know in the comments below!